Ethereum is a decentralized application platform, widely used today as token issuance (ICO) platform and many innovative applications and games (like fog computing, notary, CryptoKitties, etc). It comes with a native currency (ethers) and smart contract programmability (Solidity), which allows very innovative applications facing to public. Also, Ethereum ecosystem provides some great development tools (Remix IDE, TestRPC, etc). With them we can start building our knowledge about this platform.
I have created this set of material focusing on the very foundation of Ethereum and Smart Contract. There are already very great material in Ethereum community, but here I wish to make things easier and “just enough” for our next step. The material tries to answer “what things are and how things work”. There are introduction of concepts and demonstration of tools. In some cases a short screen capture is attached at the deck and you can take a glimpse on how they look like.
The decks are,
- Essential Ethereum (17 slides, link)
- Access a Simple DApp (13 slides with screen capture video, link)
- Solidity Contract, Compilation and Deployment (11 slides, link)
- Contract Practice with Remix (16 slides with screen capture video, link)
- TestRPC and Remix (13 slides with screen capture video, link)
- Use Geth to Access a Deployed Contract (14 slides with screen capture video, link)
- Use Geth to Deploy Contract (10 slides with screen capture video, link)
Hope this can build some basic knowledge on Ethereum and Smart Contract. This would also pave the path for the next step: take a deeper look into Tokens (ERC20 coins). Stay tuned for this.